24 of July in Kyustendil, Bulgaria the Erasmus+Sport project „START – activating and integrating people with disabilities through adapted traditional sports and games” has started with kick-off meeting.
Main goals of the Project are:
- a) promotion of traditional sports and games (TSG) as valuable and innovative type of physical activity,b) social inclusion of people with disabilities through adapting the selected TSG from Project Partners
- c) increasing quality of life, health, physical fitness
- d) exchange of cultural experiences
How does the Project realise the politics of EU?
- It promotes TSG what is consistent with one of the most important aims of the Erasmus+Sport Programme.
- It enables to put into practice a very important part of EU policy in the field of sport: social inclusion and equality in sport.
- It is linked with EU policy in the field of increasing awarness of health-related physical activity.
Project Leader: Sport Rehabilitation Association START-Poznan, Poland
Kyustendil Association – Slokoshtitza, Bulgaria
Foundation of Health Social and Education – Soma, Turkey
„Bravura Cooperativa”- Delcevo, Humanitarian
Association for Help and Support of the People with Special Needs – FYR of Macedonia
Meeting in Bulgaria will proceed till the end of the week
Bulgarian TV, Radio and press informed today about the project:
Sports policy and programme Unit European Commission – DG EAC:
START- Erasmus+Sport Programme: